Monday, October 29, 2007

Moving Fast

On Friday, my girlfriend and I flew to Nashville. We were picked up by friends and taken directly to the U-Haul store. By 9pm we were at the storage facility loading the truck and got to bed at about 2am on Saturday morning (me in a hotel and her at a friends house). By 8am on Saturday we were on the road. We took good old I40 to Memphis so she could pick up a few things from her parents home. We stayed there Saturday night and worshiped with her family on Sunday morning. We then hit the road again stopping only for gas, bathroom breaks and worship on Sunday evening.
Well, needless to say, it was a whirlwind trip and I am exhausted. But I am also scared to death. While this trip was a fast one, our relationship has quickly moved to another level as well. She has moved from Tennessee to Texas because of me. I have so many emotions as a result. I am humbled that the most amazing woman I know would bless me with her love. I am amazed that the most amazing woman I know could possibly love me. And I am scared to death that I am somehow going to mess this up.
So that's it. Everything has been moving really fast. But that's ok by me. I will keep enjoying the ride.

3 comments:

cwinwc said...

I am amazed by "my woman" as well. They are truly a gift from God.

Jordan W. said...

cwinc, thanks for your comments. You are either the only person who reads my blog or the only person interested enough to comment. Which ever the case, thanks.

leslie said...

it's been a crazy semester of university for me so far.. so i'm catching up..

it is wonderful to have someone to make the big steps for.. and i think road trips are something that every couple should check off the list as a relationship builder...

i did the long distance relationship and moving was less a risk for me than letting someone worthwhile get away without giving us a real chance.